It’s no secret that Japan is one of the most wonderful places to be in the world. The country’s rich culture is enough to keep tourists coming back. In fact, Japan ranked 4th in the 2017 Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report. And because it’s almost spring season in Japan, it’s only timely that we get to highlight this beautiful country in our Worldviews subject – just in time for the blooming of cherry blossoms.
Japan has one of the most unique art forms in the world. They have distinct traditional painting styles, with colours more prominent than others. This is a recurring theme even in modern day art. This is our inspiration behind the art-making contest we’re hosting. We wanted to make an engaging activity for families whilst at the same time, promote the beauty that is Japan.
Our art-making contest is open to everyone! The prize? Winner will join our Worldviews classes that’s worth £120 or alternatively, they may choose to opt for the video bundle of an equivalent value.
Here’s how to join!
Rules and Guidelines:
- Make an art based on Japan. Whether it’s a place, object, or culture is up to you. It can be drawn, coloured, painted – be as creative as you can! You may also choose to include our Core Values characters in your art: Growth Mindset, Curiosity, Innovation, and Diversity & Inclusion.
- To submit your entry, post your art in the UK Virtual School Facebook group. If you’re not in the group yet, please join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/291678232050202
- In your entry caption, let us know what interests you the most about Japan and include the hashtag #UKVSWorldviewsJapan
- Only one (1) entry per family is allowed.
- Deadline of entries is on Friday, 28th February at 11:59 PM. Entries posted beyond this time will be forfeited.
*Terms & Conditions apply.
Remember, the deadline for submitting entries is until Monday, 28th February at 11:59 PM. Don’t miss out on a chance to win!