At UK Virtual School we prepare our secondary students for GCSEs to enable students to pursue further education and to gain the grades they would need for employability. Most traditional schools cover GCSE content over 2 years. At UK Virtual School, we deliver a 3-year GCSE course (with the exception of our current Year 11’s who have finished a 2-year course).
Our Year 9 group is a combination of Year 8 and 9. The students begin the first year of a three-year GCSE course.
Our Year 10 students continue to the 2nd year of a three-year GCSE course.
Our Year 11 students are our last year to be completing a two-year GCSE course.
Worldviews and Languages are available to our students as extra non-GCSE courses. Please note languages are only available for Year 9.
GCSE Books and Resources
We’ve made sure that our resources are accessible. For your reference, please have a look and purchase the following books for GCSE. These will be used throughout the entire GCSE course. From time to time, there will be other resources you may be required to purchase, for example reading books or basic science practical resources.
Year 9 / 10 / 11 GCSE & iGCSE Textbook & Resources
- For English – iGCSE English Language Student Book *Please purchase the book, not the CD
- English Literature – An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestley
- For Maths – GCSE Maths Student Book
- For Biology – iGCSE Biology Student Book and iGCSE Biology Lab Workbook
- For Chemistry – iGCSE Chemistry Student Book and iGCSE Chemistry Lab Workbook
- For Physics – iGCSE Physics Student Book and iGCSE Physics Lab Workbook